Sometimes for operational reasons you will need to communicate an important message to your users. The Kontainers system will allow you send a screen message to your Customers and /or your Administration staff.
Once the message is set, every user will see the notice appearing as a banner. Users will be able to dismiss/close the notice once and it will remain hidden until a new broadcast message is created by the Super Administrator.
There are two types of messages available, an Information message...
and a warning message ...
Notices can be set up using the Admin UI Settings page. This functionality is only available to the Super Administrator (Support Administrators cannot set the feature). To access the feature select "Settings" and "Broadcast Message"...
The main settings are:
- Message: The notice text to display within the banner. A limit of 255 characters is imposed on this field.
- Start Date and End Date: This sets the time window for the message. Currently the system will only accept UTC times. To convert from UTC to local times we suggest a conversion site like www.timebie.com
- Paused: This will allow you to keep the current Broadcast Message settings but will cancel the display on the selected Audience.
- Status: There are two settings 'Info' or 'Warn'. The banner will change style depending on which is selected.
- Audience: Controls whether the message is displayed on the Customer UI only, the Administrator UI only or on Both
- Preview: Selecting Preview will allow you edit and view the message as you create it. To close Preview mode just close the Message
- Active/Inactive: This will update in real time, informing the editor whether the notice will actively display for the selected audience. Only when a message is Active will it be displayed.
The system will only display one broadcast at any given time and does not store a history of broadcasts. To start a new broadcast simply edit the Broadcast Message form.
Copyright ©, Kontainers.com, All Rights Reserved.