A very useful feature of Kontainers is the ability to provide a 'deep link' to your customers. A 'deep link' is a URL that can bring a customer straight to a part of your site with pre-completed information.
You can design a URL to be embedded in a promotion email or banner advert as a link which tells me the attractive prices for certain corridors.
Once you have created the link (see below)
- The customer will receive a marketing mail/ see the advert and click the link
- The system guides me to the site with the From/To location, the equipment and, if needed, the date of the Trip.
- On the log in page, there pops up a message to ask me to log in (or to register if I don’t have an account).
- Once the customer logs in, they are brought to the page where origin, destination, date, container size type pre-selected based on the information on the promo link I clicked earlier.
- The customer can then select the number of containers they want to ship and click the quote button
- This will bring to them directly to your offer prices where they will be able to select and book.
Tracking and analysing the success of your marketing campaign
Kontainers comes bundled with MixPanel as an option. Mixpanel is a powerful analytics tool created by the team at mixpanel.com and the Kontainers product has a built in set of analytics 'events' that can be sued to see visitors, bookings made etc.
When a campaign is carried the resulting effectiveness of the campaign can be measured against e.g. increased quotes and bookings.
Formatting a link
This looks a bit daunting but you online marketing people will be very familiar with this kind of URL. If you find this difficulties your Kontainers account manager/help team can assist.
<<your Kontainers URL>>/quotes?date=<<the date of the trip you want to offer>>&from=<<origin location name>>%2<<origin country>>%2Ctrue"eButtonClick=true&to=<<destination location name>>%2<<destination country>>%2Ctrue&isBookmark=true&utm_source=affiperf&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=<<campaign name>>&utm_content=<<campaign content>>&utm_term=<<capaign code>>
Here is an example of a real URL
You'll notice that the 'Date' format is dd-mm-yyyy. This is important as the system will not recognise that date. In that case the user will still be brought into the From and To port but the Date selected will be the 'current' date so users will have to select the offer date themselves.
Hint: A very simple trick here is to actually go to the site and enter the From , To, Container and Date. There is no need to get a Quote. Simply copy the URL from the Browser and edit.
Note: You will have no control over when a customer clicks an offer and that offer my be expired. If you associate a date with that offer and it expires then when the user selects the advertising link the user will still be brought into the system but will be presented with a note to say this offer is no longer valid. Instead the system will offer them a pre-filled booking quote with the From, To and Equipment with the current date selected.
Copyright ©, Kontainers.com, All Rights Reserved.