The Customer UI on containers is designed not just to place a booking but is also a means to manage and track that booking through to delivery.
Using the Booking Progress feature from the Task Menu, Administrators can interact with the Booking on the Customer UI and collaborate with the Booking party.
There are five 'standard' Booking workflow statuses:
4. Shipping on Board
Here is how each status behaves
- The Date the booking is Created is shown in this panel
- If the user has not completed the Booking Form in the Customer UI the partially placed booking will be captured. This is to allow you Administrators reach out to customers and help them complete their booking.
- If a booking in the Customer UI is completed and submitted, the ‘Booked panel will show the date of booking
- If the user Created a booking but did not submit, the ‘Place Booking’ button will appear.
- The Administrator can choose to set the booking to ‘Booked’ by selecting ‘Place Booking’
- User and Admin will be notified by email that the booking has been placed
- The Customer can then go into the booking and Edit/Submit the required Booking Information (BI)
- When user selects the ‘confirm booking’ button they will be presented with the 'required information screen' as a modal/popup window.
- The Carriers Booking Reference entered will appear on the Customer UI
- Customer will be notified that the booking has been confirmed via email
- The Booking UI (Edit Booking) page is replaced with the Shipping Information UI (Edit SI)
- If the reference fields are 1) empty or 2) incorrectly filled a user error will be presented
- If user selects 'x' on the modal popup the screen is closed and the 'Confirmed button is set to 'Off' on the Quotes page
- Once the Booking is confirmed the ‘Confirm Booking’ button will be replaced by the date the booking was confirmed.
- Shipping on Board
- This status is disabled until previous workflow step is completed
- User can select 'Shipped’ button and the Shipping on board date shall be displayed in place of the button.
- User can select Arrived only when Shipping on Board is selected
- Selecting arrived will replace the ‘Arrived’ button with the Arrival date in the UI
Points of note
■ The booking flow triggers a set of emails through the process, see 'How Notification mails work'
■ At all stages through the process and afterwards Instructions and BoL details are editable on the Admin UI. This is because it is quite common to have documents partially ready even though e.g. the product is shipped on board.
Copyright © Kontainers.com All Rights Reserved.