The Customer UI on containers is designed not just to place a booking but is also a means to manage and track that booking through to delivery.
Progressing a booking for a customer is done via the Admin UI via the Bookings Tab. The admin can view each individual booking and move the booking along in Progress feature from the Task Menu, as each milestone is reached and updated in the Admin UI, the Customer UI is also updated.
There are five 'standard' Booking workflow statuses:
4. Shipping on Board
Here is how each status behaves
- The Date the booking is Created is shown in this panel
- If the user has not completed the Booking Form in the Customer UI the partially placed booking will be captured. This is to allow the Administrators contact customers and help them complete their booking.
- If a booking in the Customer UI is completed and submitted, the ‘Booked panel will show the date of booking
- If the user Created a booking but did not progress to the Payment conditions, the Administrator can:
- choose to progress the booking if all conditions are met
- User and Admin will be notified by email that the booking has been placed
- The Customer can then go into the booking and Edit/Submit the required Booking Information (BI)
- When user selects the ‘Progress Booking’ button at this stage they will be presented with the 'required information screen' as a modal/popup window.
- The Carriers Booking Reference entered will appear on the Customer UI
- Customer will be notified that the booking has been confirmed via email
- The Booking UI (Edit Booking) page is replaced with the Shipping Information UI (Edit SI)
- If the reference fields are 1) empty or 2) incorrectly filled a user error will be presented
- Once the Booking is confirmed the ‘Confirm Booking’ button will be replaced by the date the booking was confirmed.
- Shipping on Board
- This status is disabled until previous workflow step is completed
- User can select 'Progress Booking’ button and the Shipping on board date shall be displayed in place of the button.
- User can select Arrived only when Shipping on Board is selected
- Selecting arrived will replace the ‘Progress booking’ button with the Arrival date in the UI
Points of note
■ The booking flow triggers a set of emails through the process, see 'How Notification mails work'
■ At all stages through the process and afterward, Instructions and BoL details are editable on the Admin UI. This is because it is quite common to have documents partially ready even though e.g. the product is shipped on board.
Copyright © Kontainers.com All Rights Reserved.