There are two preferred approaches to getting your Rates and Schedule data into Kontainers:
1. Via our Administrator UI for smaller companies
2. Working with Kontainers as an Edge or Enterprise client to integrate your backend systems
However, for some larger companies integeration with a Rates or Schedule engine may not be available and using the Admin UI may be too much of an overhead. In that case, we offer an interim soluton to allow users access our APIs using CSV files.
This CSV solution is seen as an interim step and is not seen as a scalable solution for larger companies. For that reason the CSV upload process has some limitations:
- The Zapier tool that we use limits us to small CSV file sizes so we are forced to have one file per Trip for both Tariff and Schedules.
We find that creating a unique folder for each Trip and creating a new Zap for each folder works well.
- Zapier will read only single files dropped into a folder so when you need to update a Rate or Schedule file on a Trip you will need to:
- Delete the old file (You can store it in a sub-folder of your folder)
- Add a file with a new name so Zapier will be able to see it.
More advanced Zapier users or companies that use their own technical teams to create a database extraction method to create and drop the CSV files can add more steps to their Zapier App to move or delete a file that has been dropped into the Trip folder and successfully processesed.
Below is an example of a typical folder structure
In the above example we use separate subfolders for rates and schedules per Trip. a more advanced use of Zapier will allow users drop both rates and schedules files into the same folder and be uploaded to Kontainers
A person with little technical knowledge or a lot of patience can follow our steps to set up a series of Folders that will recognise when a new Schedule or Rate file is to be added to Kontainers.
opyright © Kontainers.com All Rights Reserved.